Hi, I’m Jacek Galanciak
- I work remotely for more than 10 years, I’m currently based in Łódź, Poland
- I’m a lead engineer at Pilot (YC W17) where we create a more open worldwide job market.
- I’m a full-stack developer. Currently Ruby on Rails and React
- I’m a technical polyglot. My job is to solve problems with one of my numerous tools.
- I have a GitHub project with 1900+ stars.
- I love music, food, audio hardware, guitars, gaming and tabletop RPGs.
- I wrote my first program 22 years ago. Started my career 14 years ago.
- I need five sockets to power my music listening hardware.
- I like capsaicin
Actually, I have zero skill. Just see my dotfiles, all I do is use zsh, tmux, vim and a mechanical keyboard. They do everything for me. The latter also gives me 150 APM in StarCraft II. I’m like half-Korean.
Recent blog posts
- Securing deployment credentials stored in home directory24 Feb 2019
- Playing with Ruby object model: prototypal inheritance26 Jan 2019
- wkhtmltopdf on Heroku: evaluating different installation options 9 Jan 2019
- Analyzing, visualizing and optimizing JS bundle size in Rails/Webpacker apps 2 Jul 2018
- Implementing DSL in Ruby, part 1: CSV importer20 May 2018
- Playing with typed collections using dry-types 8 Oct 2017
This tour was awesome